Friday, July 16, 2010

I have finished my leaping kitty exodus!

I finnnallllyyyyy finished this painting and am really please with how it turned out. I changed my mind a number of times on this one, I think I completely repainted the sky at least 3 very different colors. I also am full of the warm fuzzy feeling of being a well behaved, dedicated working artist because I was inside painting in my studio on this gorgeous sunny day. This piece is exponentially larger than anything I've done lately (probably something like 16"x26", which is still pretty small when it comes right down to it), and I very much enjoyed having so much paper to wander on. But dear god this painting took forever. I really, really need to get a decent camera for documenting some of these larger pieces-- the detail images show up fine, but I can't for the life of me get an acceptable photograph of the whole thing. If anyone out there has a nice camera and wants to barter some photography for prints or delicious baked goods.... Anyways, without further ado, here is The Leaping Kitty Exodus.




No comments:

Post a Comment