Saturday, February 26, 2011

3 days til depature

Whew, it's been a busy busy week on my end-- I swapped out pretty much every portion of my bike to prepare it for its 3,000 mile journey, added nine new prints to my etsy shop, finished some pieces for a group show I'm participating in while traveling (yay for doing things in abstentia), packed up my art studio, finished writing up an interview I conducted with Justin Kane Elder, and was extremely flattered to have some really lovely posts on a number of art blogs I respect and admire. You can take a peek here at Lost at E Minor, Pattern Pulp, and Hard Feelings.

I'm most excited to have been mentioned on My Love For You Is A Stampede Of Horses-- I have had a huge art crush on them forever, so it means a lot to me that they liked my stuff!

Annyywayyss, it's been busy, but good busy, and I am really, really ready to spend four months with nothing that needs doing except hopping on my bike and biking about 50 miles every day. And, dear friends, I think I might have decided to relent-- I think I'm going to bring a small watercolor set with me. But only a little one. With one brush. It's strange to have all my paints and brushes boxed up; the thought of not touching them until July is too strange to wrap my head around.

I realized I haven't done a great job of posting images lately, so here are some pictures of some smaller pieces I've done in the last month or so. I've been wanting to devote my time to working on large scale projects, but haven't been able to with all my last minute preparations, so I've mostly been working small.





No comments:

Post a Comment