Monday, February 7, 2011

Been busy beyond all point of reason

Howdy everyone. It's been a while between updates, and that's because I have been absurdly busy prepping for upcoming shows and getting things in order to leave town for 4 months.

I'm leaving Seattle in about three weeks to ride my bike across the country! I'm flying myself (and my faithful steed) down to southern California and am going to be biking from San Diego to somewhere in Florida. If you have friends in New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida and possibly Georgia, I am actively looking for couches, floors or yards to sleep in. I'm also extremely interested in checking out art and artists along the way, so if you know of any artist colonies, intentional communities, enclaves of treehouses, or anything generally strange and at the margins, do let me know.

I've been working on a series of paintings that incorporate some of my favorite book passages about travel and wanderlust, and am going to be selling a limited print run to partially fund my trip. I'm **hoping** to have everything up and running for the prints to go on sale next week. More on that later, but for now here in a sneak peek of the first print, the text is from an essay by Barbara Kingsolver.

In other announcements, big thanks to everyone who came out to my opening at Monster and made the show such a great success. I'm happy to report that every piece in the show sold! In large part that is why I have been a bit incommunicado on the blog front-- I've been in my studio finishing paintings for XX: A Tribute to the Female Chromosomes, a group show opening next Friday at Bherd Studios. It's an all ladies show featuring work from myself, 179, Jenn Brisson, Sly Cooley, Devon Urquhart and Redd Walitzki.

And here's a sneak peek at one of the pieces in the show. I've been slowly but surely creeping up to working on a larger scale, this will be the first time I'm showing some of my larger pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment